孙玮玮 发表于 2008-12-6 18:34:32

Nasty Winter

Another winter has already come so all people again have to suffer. My impression on winter—just bitterly cold wind, sometimes gloomy days—is not that good. What’s worse, if the gloomy days last a little longer, your sheets and clothes that once were soft would be damp. As for days with sunshine, it is usually dry. Every inch of your skin exposed on the dry air for a long time will be shriveled due to the loss of moisture. That is to say, winter troubles you from top to toe.
      But whether you like it or not, the recurrence of the winter season never ends because of the unalterable law of nature. All we can do is follow the natural law for any human activity that violates it will bring about disaster to human beings. For thousands of years, man has always been trying to conquer nature. Looking back on the history, we can conclude that it is man who has to pay a lot and we can also see how small and futile man is whenever natural disaster happened.
      However, compared with nature, man is more human. Whenever I think of the snow disaster in last spring festival, I will be deeply moved by the great love of Chinese people. No matter young or old, rich or poor, everybody did as much as they could to help his fellowmen out. It was at that very moment that the beauty of humanity lit up the sky. With the efforts of all people, we went through that bitter winter; and the spirit of unity has rooted in people’s mind.
      Chilly, windy, gloomy…… whatever disparaging word you choose to describe winter, I do believe that a nasty winter could be as beautiful as the warm spring if you regard it with a whole heart.

[ 本帖最后由 孙玮玮 于 2008-12-6 18:39 编辑 ]

Cinderella 发表于 2008-12-6 21:33:49

But whether you like it or not, the recurrence of the winter season never ends because of the unalterable law of nature. All we can do is follow the natural law for any human activity that violates it will bring about disaster to human beings. For thousands of years, man has always been trying to conquer nature. Looking back on the history, we can conclude that it is man who has to pay a lot and we can also see how small and futile man is whenever natural disaster happened.

:) ————this paragraph serves as a transition from talking about winter season to talking about natural disaster will be brought by human activities violating natural laws. But, what you have mentioned above has anything to do with "human activities violating natural laws"? Winter did come, and will come, but if you are talking about the fact that we human beings are trying to make winter spring-like, then this transistion is smooth.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Nasty Winter