青涩的回忆 发表于 2011-11-9 12:21:58

Happiness is like perfume

My great father always told me one thing I've never forgot,

he said the happiness in life is like perfume, when you spread it to someone else, you would get a drop or two,

that was so deeply engraved in my mind, that's why my early goal in life was based upon that principle,

because I wanna be a happy person on earth,

but I also wanna all the people surrounding me, around me, work with me, deal with me, associate with me, be happy as well, and that's the purpose of life.

Dorothy 发表于 2011-12-1 09:41:11

What your grandpa said is true, and we have a similar Chinese old saying too. It's very kind and sweet of you to want to make everyone around you happy. However, sometimes in life, it's REALLY REALLY hard to make EVERYone happy so you should always bear in mind that your own happiness is what truely matters. Before you spray any perfume on others, you need to have a bottle of it, don't you? I'm not saying that you should be selfish. It's just that there's a balence which need to be kept between making others happy and making yourself happy. You should neither try to make everyone happy while ignoring your own feelings, nor try to please yourself while ignoring others' feelings. You may take making everyone happy as your purpose, but please never expect achieving it or you will definitely be disappointed and frastrated. And you are going to regret having spent too much time and energy on pleasing others rather than yourself at the moment of your life. Anyway wish you a happy life, loving girl.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Happiness is like perfume