饼干糖 发表于 2009-1-8 11:53:23

My impression on Pride And Prejudice

Pride And Prejudice is Jane Austen’s most popular novel, with her father’ encouragement and her own enjoyment in reading, she became a well-known author all over the world.
    Pride And Prejudice is a lighthearted tale of love and marriage in England. It develops with the initial misunderstanding and later mutual enlightenment between Elizabeth and Darcy. The whole story focuses on the interaction between them.
    Elizabeth is an intelligent and sensible woman, but her tongue is too sharp to show her good. And Darcy is a wealthy gentleman, but his excess of pride somehow covers his intelligence and honesty. When they first view each other, both of them wear masks of pride and prejudice. With their different personalities, misunderstandings and the roles of pride and prejudice, the lavishing story plays.
    As the story developing, the misunderstanding between Elizabeth and Darcy become deeper and deeper. Later, there are many things happen between them. Eventually, Elizabeth knows that Darcy is intelligent and honest in his heart. He always says something without modified. And when he really knows Elizabeth, Darcy learns to admire and love Elizabeth for her strong character.
    The most impressive sentence in this novel for me is the first one. “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.” This sentence explains the background of the society that time.
    The most touching sentence in this novel is at the end. When Darcy bared his love to Elizabeth again, he said, “You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever.” I was deeply touched by it. After the misjudging at the beginning, the story finally comes to a happy ending. So we always say that “never judge a man before you really know him.” In this novel it works remarkable.
    Love wins over prejudice. The whole story tells us that we should not just take in the saying of first impression but look in the person’s character deeper.
    Pride And Prejudice not only lets you travel through lives back, but also it portrays the lives of modern days. You can read it and you may be able to recall some parts of your life, but in different time period.
    Everyone grows in different places, doing different things and owning different characters. For this reason, when two persons meet each other accidentally and insist on their different opinions respectively, the misunderstanding arises. Most of the pride and prejudice, however, do not occur deliberately. People always produce them unknowingly. So I believe that if we think for others more often, pride and prejudice will decline obviously.

刁立
页: [1]
查看完整版本: My impression on Pride And Prejudice