玲珑 发表于 2008-12-7 21:32:33

Impression of Daweishan

Located in Liuyang city, Daweishan is renowned for its splendid natural environment. Last Saturday, the annual voluntary work of our school offered me the opportunity to go there.
   Early in the morning, volunteers gathered and set out by bus. Someone fell asleep due to getting up at five o’clock. I, filled with excitement and eager, was unusually vigorous and energetic. In addition to two hours in motorway, we bumped along the rough highway for one hour. Finally, with mountains coming into our eyes, we arrived at our destination, Baishajing Project Hope Primary School.
   As we enter the schoolyard, we were greeted by yells of excitement from children. Divided into several groups, we were sent to different classes to have the next few hours together with those children. Being a little shy before strangers, at first, children sat there quietly. Having introduced ourselves on the platform, we had to task our minds to come up with various games to enliven the atmosphere. To our great relief, yells exploded again after a short time of playing. We were surprised by discovering that it was difficult to calm them down when we sent our gifts to them. It was almost beyond our control. There were twins in our class. Their eyes, quivering, glittering and changeful, were shaded by long black lashes, curving backward in a special way. They had good voices. They were just like nightingale when they singing. I had a wonderful time by singing, reciting poetry with them.
    Surprises came again when the big party was being held. Those children were so versatile that I was totally attracted to them, especially four who played trumpet. With extending mountains and blue sky as the backdrop, they stood straightly, held their heads up and made the beautiful sounds reverberated in the air. Their firm and earnest facial expressions were deeply engraved on my memory. It was a kind of strength and belief they had to strive to realize a great ideal.
   After the party, we went out to enjoy the beauty of nature. There was a river with clean water, through which everything at the bottom of the river, such as cobbles, can be clearly seen. We couldn’t help to soak our fingers in the natural milk for we had seldom experienced such water. On the banks of the river were reed beds. The white fascinated us and our yearning for nature is evoked. We walked into the forest of reeds, laughing and rollicking.
   I followed a teacher, who was a amateur photographer, to the houses of local farmers, some of which had a long history of hundreds of years. As we took photos of eaves of and old house, which is said to be one thousand-year-old, we encountered a farmer in cyanic coat, who was crouching down and busy with the heads of garlic. His fingers were covered with soil. He was so absorbed in his work that he did not even raise his head to see what we were doing near his house. Somehow, I was deeply moved. What a peaceful scene, a diligent farmer with a tranquil face had his fingers dance among garlic in heaps. A few miles away was a persimmon one meter in diameter. Its branches stretched into the sky and its orange fruits were just as lanterns, shining in the sun. I asked the farmer whether he could sell some to me. He raised his head and said in a low voice: “They are not for selling, but I can give you some.” With these worlds, he went back to its house. After a while, he came out with a bag of persimmons. We thanked him and tried to pay, but he refused and smiled kingly.
   At sunset, we had to come back to Changsha. When I was going to get on the bus, the twins tugged my arms and slipped a small bag to me. I opened the bag and came out some pieces of fried sweet potatoes. Immediately, I was on the verge of tears. Being weary, I fell asleep soon in the bus. The children, the farmer, the mountain and the river came into my dream.

admin 发表于 2008-12-18 10:48:17

:D It was as if I followed you to the mountain to see the twins, the old man, the river......
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Impression of Daweishan