如影随形 发表于 2008-11-15 09:58:19

Eyes can speak

Eyes can speak
Do you have such kind of experience? In a bus, when you are stared at by a stranger for more than necessary, you will feel up and down to see if there is something wrong with you. If nothing goes wrong, you will feel angry toward the person who stares with you that way. The same case happens in conversation. So eyes can speak, right?
Eyes are the window of the heart. We can see what a person is thinking about through them. When a mother looks gently at his son, we can easily know she is showing her love. A liar’s eyes may focus on other things instead of looking at the eyes of the listener when he is speaking. Of course, some liars may expose themselves by looking too long at the victim, because they believe in the false idea that to look straight in the eye is a sign of honest communication. At the same time, lovely smile without kind eyes is no lovely at all.
Since eyes can speak we should use our eyes appropriately. The normal eye contact for two persons in conversation is that the speaker will only look at the listener from time to time in order to make sure that the listener does pay attention to what the former is speaking. As for the listener, he should to a certain extent look at the speaker continuously to tell the speaker that he is attentive. Meanwhile, eye contact changes in different relationship and the specific situation. Such as, the eye contact between lovers may last longer than the normal contact, because both of them enjoy looking at each other tenderly for a long time, to show affection that words can not express. We accept that looking at someone too long may seem rude and aggressive. However, things may quite different when it comes to the opposite sex. If a man looks at a woman for morn than 10 seconds and refuses to avert his gaze, he is intended to attract her attention and make her understand he is admiring her. Evidently, eye contact should be done according to the relationship between two people and the specific situation.
Eyes are the gift that God gives us for showing our feelings. Without them, there will not be so many lovely smile and warm gaze between lovers in the world. Correctly using them, we can see the sunshine in the eyes even in darkness.by 林瑞霞

[ 本帖最后由 如影随形 于 2008-11-15 10:00 编辑 ]

Cinderella 发表于 2008-11-18 22:46:24

I almost take it as something you copy from some magazine:lol

如影随形 发表于 2008-11-21 21:38:51

The inspiration is from some article,but the structure of the article and sentences is different.I would like to say I imitate the article .I think imitation is a good way to improve writing skill.:)

[ 本帖最后由 如影随形 于 2008-11-21 21:42 编辑 ]

Cinderella 发表于 2008-11-21 21:49:56

imitation is a good way to improve writing skill——————I couldn't agree more.:lol
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Eyes can speak