yaling 发表于 2008-11-15 00:32:59

The Art of Listening

The Art of Listening   
    The famous American TV host Linklater once interviewed a child and asked him: “What do you want to do in the future?” “I want to be a pilot.” answered the little boy. “Then what would you do if your airplane is about to crash above the Atlantic ocean due to fuel running-out?” After thinking for a little while, the boy said: “I will first tell the passengers to fasten their seat belts, and then I will jump out of the plane with my parachute.”
    All the audience burst into laughters immediately the boy’s words was over. Linklater stared at the child, wondering if he was someone thinking himself clever. However, out of people’s expectation, tears suddenly sprang from the boy’s eyes, which made Linklater discovered the great sympathy of the kid. So the host went on asking him: “Why would you want to do this?” “Because I will get some fuel and come back to my plane, because I will come back!” With such a naïve yet honest answer, everyone was immersed into deep thoughts.
    This is a story I came across in the "Reader's Digest" several days ago. After reading it, my heart kept throbbing for a long time and my thoughts sparkled with surges.
    There are so many misunderstandings in the world , a majority of which are caused by communication barriers. Sometimes, the barriers may due to the different languages, but in most circumstances, these difficulties are caused by ourselves. We are too much in a hurry to listen to others carefully. Pity is that we live in such a quick-fixed society and gradually lose the traditional patience. What's worse, at the same time, we no longer enjoy the happiness of listening to others and share their emotions whether sweet or bitter, nor can we be listened to patiently and considerately. More and more isolated and indifferent we become, even harder and tougher the cold wall among people grow, thus, the more and more narrow we become both mentally and psychologically.
    Do we really understand others when they are talking about something? If we are unable to understand, then let’s just keep on listening untill the conversation is over. And this is what we call “The Art of Listening”.

Cinderella 发表于 2008-11-18 22:51:36

There are so many misunderstandings in the world , a majority of which are caused by communication barriers. ____then let's break down those barriers. Then try to communicate with others. :lol And let's talk with each other; and give our partner the chance to speak, to tell.

good story serving as anappropriate example
页: [1]
查看完整版本: The Art of Listening