Dorothy 发表于 2008-11-13 21:33:59

Cinderella

Have you ever heard of the story about Cinderella? If you have, you must have still remembered the beautiful ending of it: Cinderella returned to the palace where she married the Prince and they lived happily ever after. Sweet, isn’t it?

The story of Cinderella has been a really classic piece of fairy tale whose plot has even been imitated by many modern teleplays. Take a look at today’s TV program list. It is not difficult at all to find a Cinderella-alike as Wu Di in “Ugly Wu Di (《丑女无敌》)". She used to be looked down upon and made fun of by a lot of people around her because of her ugly appearance, however, she finally managed to get a significant position in the company she was working for and even in her boss’ heart, which made all the others quite green-eyed.

The female leading roles in teleplays like this, are usually ugly and kind of silly but it seems that good fortune always stands on their side and they are routinely destined to get the love of the most charming guys. Therefore, without being noticed, watching this sort of teleplays day after day might have already secretly sowed, in the field of your minds, the seeds of subconsciously believing in the existence of the high possibility that you could achieve success all at once in spite of your not making any efforts to improve yourself and overcome your shortcomings. Nevertheless, are these seeds truly going to grow and fruit?

Let’s look back at the days before Cinderella attended the fantastic ball where she met the Prince. Years of life in the darkness of her stepmother and sisters’ rudeness made her suffer a lot, on the other hand, benefited her a lot as well. Although she had been bullied by them for a long period of time, she never burst into anger or yelled at them, which denotes her unparallel goodness and sweet temper. Besides, she was forced to do all the housework but she never complained, neither did she dare to tell her father, a coward who was absolutely controlled by his second wife, about this. Instead, she simply did it all and did it pretty well, which indicates that she was very hard-working and tolerant. How could the Prince not fall in love with such a nice and kind girl at the first sight?

Cinderella’s being standing in front of the Prince at the ball where the whole court was entranced by her is just the final move from the accumulation of quantitative changes to qualitative change—philosophically speaking. In other words, it is not the steps Cinderella took wearing her glass slippers but rather those wearing her worn-out shoes that guided her way into the palace and the Prince’s arms.

So please stop sitting in front of your TV set daydreaming! Chance favors the prepared mind. Only if you could keep walking towards your goal one step after another, will you be able to achieve it when the opportunity comes in the future. The biggest risk ever is not moving forward when you are still not sure about what you are going to come across on the way but to stay still. Never be frustrated even if you tumble. Drag yourself back onto your feet and move on. Your “Prince” is waiting somewhere quite near.

[ 本帖最后由 Dorothy 于 2008-11-13 22:21 编辑 ]

Cinderella 发表于 2008-11-14 12:49:14

it is not the steps Cinderella took wearing her glass slippers but rather those wearing her worn-out shoes that guided her way into the palace and the Prince’s arms.
________Really nice work!

Yet I have to assert: My Cinderella is not that CInderella who went into the palace and the prince's arms. :lol

Dorothy 发表于 2008-11-14 15:22:03

回复 2# 的帖子

:loveliness: Thank you!
;P Indeed, your Cinderella is not that Cinderella who went into the palace and the Prince's arms but the Cinderella who once held me in her arms and now who should probably be coming into mine.
:hug: I love both the two Cinderellas and yours a lot more~

Cinderella 发表于 2008-11-16 01:07:05

:lol Come and let me give you a hug...

Dorothy 发表于 2008-11-16 09:25:56

回复 4# 的帖子

:loveliness: Coming! -runs towards her with her arms wide open- :hug:

[ 本帖最后由 Dorothy 于 2008-11-16 09:27 编辑 ]
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Cinderella