Misspring 发表于 2008-10-2 13:30:05

Father and I

Ever since I entered university,this has been the second time I’ve written about my father.Twice certainly is not many,but if you consider the time I have ever had during the past 20 years when I voluntarily and willingly wrote about my father,you will agree that it’s a huge change on my part.Gradually, I am acquiring a degree of maturity,composure and objectivity strong enough for me to reflect upon the relationship between father and I.
Father loves me,of course,and his love is so thick and unhiding that everybody who sees us togehter,whether knowing us or not,will marvel at our exetremely harmonious and even hilarious relationship.We hold hands when we are taking a stroll or ,if it’s winter,he will allow my hand to rest comfortably and warmly in his pocket.We also play tricks sometimes.The most popular one is that I will pat his back from behind secretly ,making a deliberate loud sound,and usually,in his “retaliation”,he will successfully dip my face all with water or dough.
Father has always loved me,of course.But for a long time,perhaps all through my wayward adolescencent years,we both had difficulty in communicating our feelings.We resembled each other too much to solve our problem.To be more specific,we both lost our patience and temper quickly and the tougher the other person’s attitude became,so would his or mine.Thus whenever we ran into a quarrel,the most often result was either father slamming our front door and leaving in extreme anger or I shutting my bedroom door in tears and anguish.
That was a turning point for both of us.I had been experiencing the so-called identity crisis which was too confusing,unexpected and overwhelming for me to cope with.I simply got collapsed and sank myself in depression and easy irritation.My father,on the other hand,had for the first time been shocked to see his beloved daughter running wayward and not willing to listen to a word from him.He got worried,anxious and mostly,confused.My change knocked upon him so suddenly and aggressively that he was left armless and hopeless.Both having no idea about how to overcome our problem,we kept hurting each other with our furious quarrels and cold standstills.
Things changed magically,however,when I received my university enrollment certificate and at last pulled myself together through the pains of re-identifying myself.Father,axalted by my successful enrollment and gradual softening temper and attitude,soon forgot,or willingly wiped out the aching memory of our past turbulences.We reestablished our mutual belief and confidence once again,so quick and natural that it were as if nothing unpleasant had ever happened.We resumed our night strolls and candid talks.We rejoint our hands.We replayed our small tricks with the same refreshing delight.
Now that I’ve been in university for two years,our relationship has further evolved into one that relies on mutual understanding and support more than ever.Father knows my dream.He understands it.He supports it as if it were his own.In fact,in his words,it has always been.It is father’s unconditional support and sharing that has enabled me to step forward without fear and hesitatioan.I eagerly venture into the bright but uncertain future with only two certainties in my mind: my dream and my father’s backing.He has successfully instilled a belief in me that I will never lose everying and become hopeless,because he is always there,and so is my confidence and hope.
Therefore, it won’t be exaggerating to say that half of my successes and glories in the past owe themselves to my father.From every accomplishment I’ve made he has extracted more delight than me and for every failure I’ve encountered he has endured more pressure .Once I asked my father if,only once,he had ever felt tired of raising me up and caring about me all the time.Father laughed heartily and patted my cheek delightfully,joking,“Yes,of course I has.But the real pity is that the feeling of tiredness and anger has always lasted far less than that of happiness and hope.”
I smiled,and later that night,I wept.
Father loves me, and so do I .

Cinderella 发表于 2008-10-3 11:47:26

:) deeply impressed.

Misspring 发表于 2008-10-4 20:47:19

:loveliness: So glad to
hear that~

yaling 发表于 2008-10-8 22:26:59

You are so lucky to have such a considerate father who can understand you so much and so deep. My parents and I love each other very much as well, but in a completely diffrent way. They are both somewhat conservative persons so that we can seldom share our emotions, feelings and thoughts with each other.However, I can still sense their thick and deep love from the even trivial daily behaviors. I hope my parents and I will one day reach such a state of mutual understanding as that betweenyou and your father.:)
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Father and I