yaling 发表于 2008-9-20 00:03:31

Meditation on tainted milk accident

Meditation on the tainted milk accident
   A fatal accident happened a few days ago in China. Some infant babies were killed by drinking Sanlu milk powder which were contaminated by melamine, and thousands other babies became seriously sick because of the kidney stone caused by the tainted milk.
   The accident arose a big surge both in our country and abroad. As to the native Chinese people, of course they were extremely angry with those black-hearted businessmen who have no conscience. However, those innocent babies could no longer come back, whatever curses were in vain. As to the international market, without doubt, the accident did great harm to the reputation of the food exportation from China. It is hard to imagine how can the Chinese brands regain their credit on the international trade.
   However, among all those who suffered from the accident, the most miserable, in my opinion, were the parents of the innocent babies. With great joy they gave birth to their beloved children, but they have to say good bye to their kids forever before they grow up. What kind of anguish is it! And how should the parents overcome this period? Was it their mistake to buy the contaminated milk powder? If so, how can they excuse themselves for such carelessness? But if not, who should take the responsibility and who can bring their pretty kids back to their arms?
    The love between parents and children is the one that will never change, thus it’s the most faithful one. Parents can offer all they have to their children, however sometimes what the children can do in return seems so little. In fact, parents don’t need any reward from their children, all they want is to see their own kids grow up healthily and happily. But for these unfortunate fathers and mothers, the right to enjoy the pleasure to see the growth of their own babies was deprived.
    I am still a child to my parents, but I can notice how important I am to them. It is almost the whole world! So how to recover the deep scar left in the heart of the baby victims’ parents seems to be an urgent issue which should be attached with great attention. Under the surface of the investigation into the accident and the governmental checking on the dairy product, we should give more care and mercy to the parents. To the milk companies, what they lost is money and reputation; to the consumers who bought the milk before, what they lost is health; but to the most unfortunate families, what they lost is life, which is just like the newly born tender flowers. Although these parents may have other children in the future, but the pain will remain in their soul forever, and who is going to compensate for that? Can money alone make up for all? I’m afraid not!
    We are living in a country with democratic administration. We should be given the right to enjoy the humane care from the society. So I think for those unfortunate families, our government should give them help and comfort not only physically but also mentally. At the same time, the understanding and support from the neighbors and community is also necessary.
    I am lucky to live happily through my infanthood and childhood . Thanks to my dear parents who brought me up and gave me a warm family, I can experience the existence and meaning of life. At this moment, all I want to say is to cherish everything we have, so that we won’t regret when we have to depart from them.
                                                                  0608 周雅玲

Cinderella 发表于 2008-9-21 18:33:18

To the milk companies, what they lost is money and reputation; to the consumers who bought the milk before, what they lost is health; but to the most unfortunate families, what they lost is life, which is just like the newly born tender flowers______good parallelism, used very effectively

We should be given the right to enjoy the humane care from the society. So I think for those unfortunate families, our government should give them help and comfort not only physically but also mentally. At the same time, the understanding and support from the neighbors and community is also necessary.
________ it's very considerate of you and this kind of humane care should be given to those suffering from the death of their family members, not only those suffering from the milk powder accident, but also all those suffering from natural disasters like earthquake, or suffering from accidents in those coal mines. There are still a lot of things to do, if the government can't do it, we need NGOs to help. We can start from ourselves, to do what we can do for those around us.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Meditation on tainted milk accident