佳琪 发表于 2021-4-27 21:57:19

每周阅读 第五周

What Flowers And Female Founders Can Teach Us Persevering Through Pandemic Burnout

Stress and anxiety are at an all-time high. New terms like pandemic languishing from the New York Times and hitting the pandemic wall from the Washington Post have become a regular part of our lexicon. A recent study by Indeed showed that 67% of all workers believe that burnout has worsened.

Even as the “Chief Eternal Optimist,” a.k.a. CEO at my company, some days quarantine life feels too hard for even me to bear. Those are the days when I buy myself flowers.

I love placing flowers around my “office” (read: bedroom). Most of all, I love chatting with the older woman who runs a flower stand near my house, Camila. Recently, I decided to upgrade my normal $10 bouquet, telling Camila that I had hit a pandemic-induced wall.

I’m self-aware enough to know that I am lucky to have a job at a time when 80 million Americans have filed for unemployment benefits since the start of the pandemic, and 8.5 million Americans are still unemployed. Those stats haven't made the burnout feel any lighter.
The Indeed study showed that burnout feelings were actually highest among virtual workers. Long hours staring at a screen, combined with juggling childcare, and a lack of clarity around when, if ever, normalcy will resume, has taken its toll.

As I ranted to Camila about the monotony of spending all of my waking hours inside with a sleepless newborn, the florist turned her wizened face towards me and spoke.

“What are you watering?” Noting my quizzical look, Camila elaborated, “These flowers don’t grow on their own, they need water. What are you watering?”
翻译:压力和焦虑达到了历史最高水平。《纽约时报》上的“大流行”和《华盛顿邮报》上的“疫情墙”等新词已成为我们的常用词汇。最近的一项研究显示,67%的员工认为职业倦怠恶化了。
即使作为我公司的首席永恒乐观主义者,也就是首席执行官,有时隔离生活甚至让我都难以忍受。那些日子是我给自己买花的日子。
我有足够的自知之明,知道我很幸运能在疫情爆发以来8000万美国人申请失业救济、850万美国人仍然失业的时候找到一份工作。
ndeed的研究表明,虚拟员工的倦怠感实际上最高。长时间盯着屏幕,还要兼顾照顾孩子,不清楚什么时候才能恢复正常,这些原因都对人都造成了伤害。
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisacurtis/2021/04/27/what-flowers-and-female-founders-can-teach-us-persevering-through-pandemic-burnout/?sh=3dd7dfafefbd
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 每周阅读 第五周