巴丽江 发表于 2012-11-16 11:01:37

小巴

Where there is a will, there is a way
    There is an old saying goes'' where there is a will, there is a way''. For most people the importance of will can not be overemphasized, because when they have a kind of will in their heart they will have confidence to achieve success. But there is no denying that some people don't think so. In my point of view, although sometime whether we had will or not we may fail, I am sure that will is still important to us.
    Will is power. We can not sure whether we succeed or failed when do something, but we are willing to try our best to win. What makes us win? Some say each human being is born with the capacity to win at life. But what can motivate the capacity? Winners in our life are not afraid to do their own thinking. They listen to others, but come to their own conclusions, and determine what should do or what should not do. Therefore determination is an essential power, and determination is will.
    In third grade, Barack Obama wrote an essay titled,''I want to become President''-and on January 20th, 2009, he became the 44th President of the United States. And November 7th , 2012, he was re-elected. He is the first African-American president and one of the youngest president ever elected. His parents divorced when Obama was child, and he was brought largely by his grandparents. He studied politics, and became a lawyer. Eventually he ran as a Democrat for a seat in the Illinois's State. Because he had made his determination to become President. Thus, we can say that it is his determination or will that created a magical power for Obama to overcome all difficulties and find his right way to win at last.
    However, others held that where there is a will, there is unlikely have a way. Sometimes what what led to failure even if we had will at the beginning? There are many reasons, I thought. For example, our action, environment, mood, direction, method, even our personality cause our failure. Hitler, a man who also made determination to win, devoted himself to his career and ,however, with hatred, discrimination and cruelty, for he failed to understand love, the essential meaning of being alive, he failed. Because of his cruelty many innocent Jewish people lost their lives. It was Hitler who made his wrong determination , thus there was no way to win.
To sum up, determination or will is important if we make right determination and brave to face all kinds of difficulties in our life. Only if we combine right determination or will with right action can we expect to win, and Obama is a good example of that.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 小巴