李玲0812 发表于 2012-11-15 22:16:56

The Poor Revolutionary

The Poor Revolutionary
---------(E1008李玲)
There is a saying that goes: Poor people want things to change. Therefore, they are natural revolutionaries.
It seemed that in our mind, there were many famous poor men had changed the history and had great effect on the society. Especially after our new china’s establishment, the status of peasant rose. And most people thought the peasant who worked hard but lived in the lowest in the society. They were the majority of Chinese population. It was them that could control the future. And even in the present, many people have a strong state of hating rich. They considered the rich were lazy, proud, Mormonism and always showed off their wealthy, while the poor always work hard and they were humble and friendly.
But in my opinion, I don’t think this saying is exactly and completely right. I would like to illustrate and clarify my view from three points.
In the beginning, we should be clear about the meaning of revolutionary.
Who were those revolutionaries in history? They were the person who had powerful and excellent abilities to have a great effect on the society and history. So the people who were worthy of the name of revolutionary must have great wisdom and bravery. After all, not everyone is a revolutionary.
Firstly, mast revolutionaries in history were not poor. For example, in the later period of Qing dynasty, the society was in complete disorder, but emerged many revolutionaries like Li Hongzhang, Liang Qichao, Sun Zhongshan, and Mao Zedong…… they were all celebrities in that time and meaningful to the public and china. But they were all from a rich family. Their rich family gave them good education or plentiful experience which made them being a top one among contemporaries. Almost in the same time in western, the greater mentors of the communism---Marks came from a jurist family while Engels came from a businessman family. Although there indeed were many poor people started revolutions, but many of them failed in the end, or they could not protect their victorious fruit after their successful revolutions. They were lack of advanced knowledge and experience.
   Secondly, those poor revolutionaries were not a complete poor people of traditional meaning. There are different kinds of poor, poor in wealthy, poor in spiritual. They might not have money, but most of them were rich in knowledge and mental. While the real poor were the people who were poor in both physical and mental or spiritual. There are many differences between a wise poor and a real poor. When facing with poverty, a real poor might only complain about the government and felt depressed about the future. While a wise poor could think deeper, they would like to find out the origin of poverty. They could deal with problems rationally.
In European dark time, some poor people just endured the harsh situation, and some poor realized the origin of poverty was the evil dictatorial system and feudalism. Then they started the revolution,overthrew rulers and liberated the people.
Thirdly, many poor people just adapted themselves to the present situation. They hate changing and never want to protect against for their rights. On the contrary, it was someone who was not poor actually and had foresight and sagacity clearly realized the origin of the tragedy and sympathized with the poor. Then they started a revolution, or they led their revolution. Marks and Engels was a good example. Without their leading, the poor’s revolution may not win in the end even they had much power and bravery.
In the conclusion, the poor are not natural revolutionaries; they cannot be separated from others. And in my opinion, natural revolutionaries should be the solidarity of wisdom and bravery and other qualities, no matter those qualities are from rich or poor.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: The Poor Revolutionary