居尔德斯0820 发表于 2012-11-15 21:33:10

A belief is not true ,because it is useful

A belief is not true ,because it is useful . I would like to prove this statement . I have seen a film which named "redemption of uncle tom ".
   Tom was the slave of KY Kentucky. He has acted in obedience to the god from his childhood. Such as being faithful to the master and god . He even had no complain for being paid a debt by his owner.
   Here i would like to introduce a episode from the film. It was a song sung by tom.
    Tom was filled with the joy . He no longer felt hunger, cold, degradation , disappointment , wretchedness. From his deepest soul , he want to sacrifies himself for god. He had sung often in happier days.
The earth shall be dissolved like snow
The sun shall cease to shine
But god, who called me here below
Shall be forever mine
And when this mortal life shall fail
And fresh and sense shall cease
I shall posses within the veil
A life of joy and peace
When we have been there ten thousand years
Bright shining like the sun
We have no less days to sing god`s praise
Then when we first begun
    Those who have been familiar with the religious histories of the slave population know that relations like we have narrated are very common among them. We have heard their miserable experience from their own lips, of a very touching and affecting.
   The psychologist tells us of a state , when the affections and images of the mind become so dominant and overpowering ,that they press into their service the outward imagining.
    If the poor forgotten slaves believes that jesus appeared and spoken to him , who shall contradict him ?
    Utmost agony, degradation and loss of all things just make him to be the priest for god more earlier .
    For slaveholder ,a belief towards god has already became the tool they used in order to control their slaves both psychically and mentally. Because a belief towards god can help them to take advantage of their slaves . Such behaviour seemed more reasonable according to the dogmatic beliefs. However , as human beings ,we should`t treat them as animals. Everyone should be equal to each other . Belief should stand for love ,respect and other kind of virtues. Disgusting behaviour should be regard as evil.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: A belief is not true ,because it is useful