pengwenato 发表于 2011-12-11 21:13:46

Does a will always pave a way?

Does a will always pave a way?
As ordinary human beings, we always hold firm some beliefs and faiths, which, to some extent, undeniably, serve for our life. To be frank, there is also a proverb following me for several years since junior high school, that is, where there is a will, there is a way. But now my increased experiences challenge me to think everything deeply. Much stimulant though the proverb is, does a will really pave a way for a better future?
Living in a society full of challenges and competition, we can’t always take everything under control. It’s not uncommon that something bothersome and unsatisfactory confronts us now and then. So one of the ways to comfort ourselves is to take stock in some propositions, which helps us ease our pains, hold firm the present life and continue to pursue our dreams.
However, the result only remains to be seen. Sometimes getting so convinced of the faiths, we forget to ask ourselves whether they really make out good results. As for me, the proverb seems to play a significant part in my life and during so many years, I never doubted a little bit about it. When failure came to me, I seldom stopped to ponder what’s wrong, but convinced of the proverb, I looked forward and continued my efforts.
What sticks in my mind is just a fantasy future, sooner or later to be disillusioned, which blinds my eyes, making me lead my life like a mob of flies flying here and there and never make any breakthroughs. It seems that such beliefs don’t yield good harvest.
We should always guard ourselves vigilantly from being blinded by the fashionable and fraudulent beliefs.
                                  英语0903班 彭文韬
                                  学号: 1801090319
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Does a will always pave a way?