晨曦 发表于 2011-11-25 21:39:20

Are two heads better than one?

Are two heads better than one?
    Many people believe that" two heads are better than one." But I deeply doubt that. In my opinion, only under some certain situation can making decisions as a group be beneficial because groups can come together to make better choices than their members alone.
    Let's say: maybe you are weak at this point and then other people would help you improve it and figure out a better way. But as a whole, we still can find that this group decision--making is a case where a chain is only as strong as its weakest part. And I want to say that we have to learn to do things on our own.
    Nowadays, people begin to emphasis that teamwork can bring success. Yes, that's true. But we have to know that "teamwork" requires a lot of things, such as trust, confidence and so on. If anyone in the team makes a mistake, that would bring a collapse. Then making a decision together would not make their team better at all. It would have a detrimental effect. Then what's the meaning for us to work together? And if fifty million people say a foolish thing, it will still be a foolish thing. Truth always has to be discovered by one individual first. Sometimes, the "two heads" are very easy to get stuck in some "thinking set". If most people in your group consider that what you have done is wrong, then you may just drop it, even you are right. Besides, we have to work on our own in this society. We can not rely on other people's help. If you always want to work with others, then maybe one day when you are alone, you are possible to fail in everything. Even if when we work in a group, we should learn to improve our competency and confidence.
    So, are two heads better than one? It seems that we can not get a clear answer. But success depends on the competency and confidence of the individual involved. We should try our best both in a group and on our own. Then we will succeed.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Are two heads better than one?