春水 发表于 2011-11-20 19:19:19

poor people want things to change, therefore they are natural revolutionaries.

本帖最后由 Cinderella 于 2011-11-22 10:49 编辑

This remark from Analects of Chairman Mao claims that poor people want things to change, therefore they are natural revolutionaries.

It sounds obvious, but when we think deeper, we can see that it is not based on considerate thinking, When we look back on our history, we could easily list a number of revolutionaries who were born as poor as church rats, and rose up against the emperor and local administrators. Liu Bang, Zhu Yuanzhang, and Li Zicheng were all included. If we link there rebellion behaviors with the financial background, it sounds reasonable to draw that conclusion.

But a voice is murmuring in my mind. More than half Chinese ranked as poor, once “natural revolutionaries” joined together, as the saying goes, no stable state will ever be established, or even if established, it will soon be crushed into ashes in a day. Such conclusion is definitely ridiculous judged by our common sense.

Everyone wants a change. Students look forward to higher score, workers will really appreciate a promotion, and a bourgeoisie is always in need of a big house equipped with digital cables. Of course, poor people hope to enjoy wealthy and gracious life, and get rid of the bothering about next meal and where to borrow money to cover the rent, nevertheless, it does not necessarily lead to rebellion.
If you suggest that someone rebel, maybe, a good beat comes after your inquiry. “Why? I get family to raise, house to pay for, and new fantastic movie to see. Hard though life is, I will not abandon everything and rebel against government.”

Now you see, a real revolutionary must be a man who consider life is so miserable that he would rather abandon everything, family, job, house, and movies, is ready to be cruel to anyone against them, willing to sacrifice themselves for the Utopia, do whatever they thought just, even kill their old friends.

That is the real revolutionary.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: poor people want things to change, therefore they are natural revolutionaries.