小远 发表于 2011-10-11 14:58:29

An Earthquake Hit Changsha Last Night

Changsha, Hunan, October 5 (Changsha Daily)—A 6.9-magnitude earthquake hit Changsha October 4, 4 a.m., when most of the city was in sleep, leaving at least 2000 people dead, 1700 missing and 5500 injured.
The river wall of Xiangjiang has collapsed so that the water kept flooding into the downtown. Fires and floods were everywhere. Tens of thousands buildings were lay in ruins and countless people were trapped under the debris. All the roads and railways to the outside were badly damaged and the city was cut out.
The Chinese government reacted quickly and sent out the first rescue team 1 hour after the quake had happened. The team with lash-up food and medicine managed to reach the quake-hit area 2 hours later and immediately threw themselves into the rescue work.
“We has a lot to do and we need more hands and equipments. We are rushing against time.”, said the leader of the team, Hutao.
Ligong, the citizen, was the first one rescued from the debris and an initial medical examination showed the man`s legs were broken.
“I was so scared and frightened. I was waken up by a loud noise and everything kept shaking and falling down. I was hit by something very hard on my legs and then I pass out.”, said Ligong.
More and more rescuers and doctors have arrived the quake-hit area. By now, 453 survivors have been rescued from the remains. The death toll has risen to 2768, with 1879 missing and 6342 injured,reported the rescue headquarters.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: An Earthquake Hit Changsha Last Night