曹兰艳 发表于 2008-5-17 22:05:22

Yesterday and Today

When an employer is inquired in an interview:

“Can you show me your capability now?”

Normally, the response should be and must be like this: “First award in 2002, excellent worker in 2003,”

How can it be? As far as I see, this kind of response is too conventional.

Here are my reasons and also examples.

Han Xin, once a brave but slow soldier in Han dynasty, who was encouraged by Xiao He and was moved by the great general’s words, improved himself by day and night and turned to be an outstanding hero in only several days.

Mao Zedong, once a not well-educated cowboy from countryside and a colleague student who failed in Math exams for countless times, woke up our race, led the suffering country into libration and took the name as “one of the most powerful politic leaders in 20 century".

Roosevelt, once a limp, disabled, bad-tempted, ugly-featured man in America, who was always attacked by opponents from other politic parties, was selected as president of the U.S.A and at last saved the world from risk and disaster.

And there are more evidences.

Song Yu, once a diligent official and a humble student who was referred as the most beautiful gentleman of his time and one of the most versatile poets among his peers, discarded his King in his country and intended to murdered his teacher – Qu Yuan.

Wang Jingwei, once a doomed intelligent, self-confident, elegant, warm student who was one of the best in his school and was credited an assured future by people around, betrayed his country and tortured his brothers and sisters.

Hitler, a well-educated, clean, honest, strict, smart man who kept away from any bad habits, for instance, gambling, smoking, drinking, nearly destroyed Germany and West and the world.

I confess: I dare not to convince any one by only these examples, for I know that most of them have been seized by thoughts that, bright yesterday indicates bright today and bright tomorrow.

Despite of this, I want remind them that, yesterday what a man was is not equal to that today what he is, either not tomorrow what he will be. Only peacocks sank in honey bowl of yesterday, while only cowards cried for bitter sea of yesterday. Yesterday is always yesterday which can not be transformed forever, and to explain that what a person is is more acceptable.

[ 本帖最后由 曹兰艳 于 2008-5-17 22:06 编辑 ]

Cinderella 发表于 2008-7-7 00:16:56

Normally, the response should be and must be like this: “First award in 2002, excellent worker in 2003,”

How can it be? As far as I see, this kind of response is too conventional.
________So, what is your answer?
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Yesterday and Today