旖子苏 发表于 2011-10-7 21:02:23

10.7 C-E

智慧与美丽   
    一次,一位好莱坞女明星遇见了英国哲学家伯特兰·罗素。他非常丑陋,而她则无论到哪里都回头率颇高。她相当自得,便对罗素说:“他们说我是世界上最漂亮的女人,而我听说你是世界上最聪明的男人。想象一下,要是我们有个孩子有你的智慧跟我的美丽,那该是什么样子?” 向来善于应对的罗素回答道:“想象一下,要是他长得像我而头脑又像你呢?”

E0907郝准 发表于 2011-10-7 21:44:39

Wisdom and Beauty
One time, a Hollywood female star came across the British philosopher Bertrand Russell. He was quite plain, but wherever she was, the rate of second glance was very high. She was rather contented and said to him:"I am considered as the prettiest woman all over the world, and I heard you are the wisest man around the world. Imagine:If we have a child who is in possession of your wisdom and my fairness, what will he/she be like?" being always good at replying, Russell answered:"Imagine, what if he/she looks like me and has the same intelligence as yours?"

Sophie 发表于 2011-10-7 23:07:29

Beauty And Wisdom
One day, a Hollywood actress met with Bertrand Russell, an England philosopher, who was very ugly while the actress herself was the highlight focused by millions of people wherever she went. Quite arrogant ,she said to Russell, “ people regard me as the most beautiful woman in the world, and as I know you are the world’s most intelligent man. Imagine that if we got a child with my appearance and your brain, what would he be like? ” Russell was always good at repartee. He replied, ”but imagine what if he got my appearance and your brain?”

晨曦 发表于 2011-10-8 18:44:49

回复 1# 旖子苏

Once a Hollywood actressmet the British philosopher, Bertrand Russell. He was quite ugly, but she turned heads wherever she went. She was rather full of herself and said to Russell, "They say I'm the most beautiful woman in the world, and I hear you're the smartest man. Imagine if we had a child with your brains and my beauty." Russell, who was never lost for words, replied, "Imagine if it had my beauty and your brains."

E0903景小卫 发表于 2011-10-8 20:22:37

Intelligence and Beauty
Once a time, a Hollywood female star came across a British philosopher Bertrand Russell, one attractive anywhere but the other unsightly. This woman was really pleased with herself and said, “They say I am the most beautiful woman in the world and you are the most intelligent man. Imagine what would happen if we had a child born with your intelligence and my beauty?” Always good at playing to the score, Russell said, “Can you imagine him born physically like me and mentally like you?”

旖子苏 发表于 2011-10-8 21:18:36

Brains and beauty
    A Hollywood actress once met the British philosopher, Bertrand Russell. Whereas he was quite ugly, she turned heads (吸引回头率)wherever she went. She was rather full of herself (过于自得)and said to Russell, "They say I'm the most beautiful woman in the world, and I hear you're the smartest man. Imagine if we had a child with your brains and my beauty." Russell, who was never lost for words(无以应对), replied, "Imagine if it had my beauty and your brains."

nita 发表于 2011-10-8 21:42:28

Intelligence and Beauty
Once a Hollywood female star encountered the British philosopher Bertrand Russell. He was very ugly while she could catch many heads turning around wherever she went. Rather proud of herself, she said to Russell:“They say I am the most beautiful woman in the world, but I'm told you're the smartest man in the world. Imagine what would it be like if we had a child possessing your wisdom and my beauty?" Russell responded eloquently:"Imagine if that child has a face like mine and a head like yours?"

nita 发表于 2011-10-8 21:42:52

Intelligence and Beauty
Once a Hollywood female star encountered the British philosopher Bertrand Russell. He was very ugly while she could catch many heads turning around wherever she went. Rather proud of herself, she said to Russell:“They say I am the most beautiful woman in the world, but I'm told you're the smartest man in the world. Imagine what would it be like if we had a child possessing your wisdom and my beauty?" Russell responded eloquently:"Imagine if that child has a face like mine and a head like yours?"

Vivian 发表于 2011-10-8 21:50:02

Wisdom and beauty
Once a Hollywood actress met with the British philosophy Bertrand Russell. He was so ugly, while she was so popular wherever she went. She was so arrogant and said to Russell,’ They are always saying that I am the most pretty woman in the world, while I have heard that you are the smartest man in the world. Then just imagine what it will become if we have a child who has your wisdom and my beauty?’ Russell who had been good at solving this problem answered,’ Just imagine how is like if the child looks like me and has the same ’minds as you?

Nina 发表于 2011-10-8 21:53:39

Wisdom and beauty
Once a woman star of hollywood met Bertrand Russell, a English philosopher. He is ugly in appearance while the woman is so charming and attracts a lot of rates of second glance. She said arrogantly to the Ressell: “they said I was the most beautiful woman in the world and I heared you were the cleverest man. Supposing we getting married,can you imagine the child who has your wisdom and my beauty? Russel, who is good at replying, answered composedly: “imaginging what would he be like if he looks like me in the appearance while he has your wisdom?”
页: [1] 2
查看完整版本: 10.7 C-E